Good-day Parents and Students,
The purpose of this page is to provide you and your family with any additional information you may need throughout this school year! This blog involves professional learning content that I have compiled for you and your families, in order to thrive in my class! With the expansion of technology, blogging is a great way to communicate and provide extra help to those who may be more passive about learning. Some of my activities encourage students and parents to research, provide information on and even publish posts on their experience and knowledge.
The main reasons why I use this blog is:
- To share information and class news with parents, family and caregivers.
- To provide students with a way to access assignments, homework, resources and information about their class online.
- For global collaboration and authentic audience.
- To inspire and motivate students.
The benefits of my class blogging include:
- Blogging opens up the possibilities of audience in new ways. When students are writing or publishing for an audience other the teacher, it impacts how they view what they doing and the intrinsic motivation they have.
- Students love seeing their work on the Internet and adore getting comments from people. It motivates them to write as it gives them an audience that is real. The blog opens up a whole new world of people who can offer encouragement and feedback.
- The blogging experience forces the students to do more reflection on their learning and allows them to showcase products they have produced with online tools.
- Blogging provides an authentic educational experience, where what they write is not only seen and commented on by their teacher, but by their peers and the “public.” For most students, it’s a bit of extra motivation knowing their peers will see their work.
- There is an authentic audience – a global audience – one that is willing to connect, share, challenge, discuss and communicate with classes. This audience can provide further information, opinions, suggest resources, seek answers to questions and so on which pushes blogging further.
- Blogging develops a learning network. Exercise books etc need not be pushed and crumpled in school lockers only to be placed in the rubbish bins at the end of the school year, but student work is out there for their school lives.
And of course to connect to all the curriculum expectations and requirements we will need to accomplish throughout this school year!
I WANT YOU TO ALL SUCCEED & I WILL DO ALL I CAN TO ACHIEVE THAT GOAL
SEE YOU ALL IN CLASS! =)